Robotic Process Automation (RPA) in Human Resources (HR) is utilizing software technologies to perform routine tasks in a company’s HR department. RPA is a related technology to Artificial Intelligence (AI) but not the same. RPA is a robotic tool that mimics human interaction by doing common work. It performs workflow operations that do not require decision-making and judgments. AI does more of the thinking type of human work. RPA improves HR workflow by automating such activities as onboarding new hires, creating badges, facilitating benefits enrollment, and auditing data. RPA is always improving, with the main advantage over past versions being the Graphical User Interface (GUI). The user experience is more intuitive and friendly, making such technologies easier to implement in a company’s HR department.
Robotic Process Automation In HR Examples
· Simplified data entry, by RPA scanning and inputting data from numerous resumes.
· RPA can transmit job-related status emails to numerous applicants. It can use technologies like Natural Language Processing (NLP) to read and interpret incoming email and respond appropriately.
· RPA provides the chatbot dialogues on company websites answering frequent and common employment queries.
· Resumes are analyzed and quickly assessed, streamlining the applicant selection process.
· RPA automates new hire orientation.
· Company policies and manuals can be quickly provided to employees.
Robotic Process Automation In HR Benefits
· Mundane tasks and routine operations are eliminated from the human workforce. The manual task of recording information from a resume is now automatically captured.
· HR staff are freed up to engage in the more human interactions. Most employees would rather talk to a live person concerning many employment and benefit queries.
· Resumes are automatically analyzed and evaluated. A search for applicants’ employment experience, training, and keywords are easily detected and weighed.
· New hire onboarding is automated.
· Employee forms are automated.
· New hire orientation is automated. Company policies, tutorials and safety training are automated.
· Employment applicants are updated automatically. Applicants want to know the status of their job search and can be automatically informed.
· Special events and communications are automatically accomplished. Company planned training or meetings are automated.
· Website chatbots answer basic and common customer service queries. Many questions can be answered with robotic chat sessions.
· Human HR personnel duties are more efficiently accomplished.
· HR personnel are relieved of tedious, repetitive tasks to do more important functions that add value and are more satisfying.
The use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA), smartly deployed in a company’s HR operations, will improve both the workflow efficiency, personnel cost, and the satisfaction of the HR staff. RPA in the HR department will not displace the need for human personnel. It better manages some necessary tasks within the HR department by automation. It does not threaten an entire HR job. RPA in the HR departments will transform them to operate in a smart, cost-effective manner and be quicker in their services.