What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, job title, email address, phone number, billing address, and delivery address;
- your Scion Analytics, LLC user ID and Password;
- credit card or other billing information;
- any account preference information you provide us;
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can communicate with yours while you are logged in.
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through another business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Scion Analytics, LLC, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may automatically collect certain information about your device that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address, your web browser, time and date of your visit, individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our Website, information about how you interact with our Website, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Website; research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Grant to Scion Analytics LLC. Companies who posses an active license or purchase new licenses from Scion Analytics LLC, grants to Scion Analytics LLC a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to reproduce and display Company’s logos, trademarks, trade names and similar identifying material so that Scion may refer to Company as a user of the Product should Scion so desire, such as on the Scion Analytics LLC website, in press releases and in other marketing materials. In addition, while Company shall own all right, title and interest in and to the Company Data, Company grants to Scion Analytics LLC a limited right and license to access such Company Data in the course of providing support services to Company.
We may use “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Bing, or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to help prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to endeavor to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is ever 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off our Website when you are finished using it;
- take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to Non-United States users
Scion Analytics, LLC is a United States based company and its operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, please note the information will be transferred out of your home country to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use Scion Analytics, LLC Website, products and service(s). We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing Scion Analytics, LLC for your text analytics software solutions!